Thursday, June 11, 2009

We Love Fred!

As you all have heard me crying, you know that my baby turned one this week. Freddie is now a man. Or at least getting a little closer to it. The little man has been very sick lately so we ditched the big party and had a little cake with just the four of us. It really turned out for the best since Freddie wasn't really in a party mood to start with.


So we put Fred in the party chair with his balloons and he didn't like it at all. He wasn't going to put up with any of our crap.

He did perk up a bit when we gave him some Cherrios. He ate and watched us hurry and get the party ready to go. I was woefully unprepared for this event. I have some issues I need to work on. Anyway, back to the party!

I love this picture. We hadn't even really started yet, Jesse was still wrapping presents and I thought I'd take a picture of the cake. Freddie decided he was ready to start and grabbed his own cupcake and started digging in. You really don't get to tell Freddie what the plan is, he makes his own plan. He's kind of like Chuck Norris that way.

"Hey, that's pretty tasty. Do you think they saw me?"


Then he just went for broke and started shoving it in like there was no tomorrow. We had managed to sing to him first, but just barely.

Then while Freddie was eating Henry helped him open his presents. This kept Henry entertained, which was very nice, and Freddie just kept working on the frosting around him. I think he ended up enjoying himself after all. He is always happier when Henry is around.


"So guys, what are we going to do tomorrow?" I love that he looks like a grown up in this one. A grown up with a duck who's covered in frosting. This looks more deadly than the oreo incident.
10 Things I love about Freddie
1. He hates all forms and types of cheese.
2. He demands cuddles out of me.
3. He adores his older brother and laughs at almost everything Henry does.
4. The boy knows how to eat.
5. His big bald head is beautiful and perfect and good for rubbing.
6. It feels like Freddie has always been a part of our family.
7. He takes his time and does things his way.
8. He claps for just about everything.
9. He plays with his tongue a lot and is always finding new noises he can make with it.
10. Watching him grow is a delight and a blessing!







2 comments:

Rachel said...

Happy Birthday Freddie! He is so freaking cute!!!

ashley said...

He's so stinking cute, love his cheeks!