Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Our day with Natalie!

So my dear friend Jamie had to go out of town for business. All the way to Idaho, I hope she doesn't get lost. In the meantime, her daughter, Natalie, gets to stay with us. She got here at 8 this morning. Luckily, they go to school at 9 so I didn't totally go insane. After school we did homework, some computer time and then for dinner we played "Restaurant". Best game ever if you are baby sitting. I typed up a menu and let them order what they wanted. They loved it!


This picture doesn't really capture the joy and the magic of our meal, but believe me, it was there. Even Fred had a super good time. See below:


Order up! They both ordered peas, who knew! Kids like vegetables. Then one got macaroni and one got chicken. I made them both from scratch. Okay, that's a lie. They were both frozen and I warmed them up so dinner was ready in 5 minutes.

Then I got to put curlers in Natalie's hair. I LOVED IT! I still don't want a girl, but it was fun to have one for one night. I told her to give me a sassy face. This does not seem all that sassy to me. Somebody moved her cheese!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

lol, what a great host you are, can I come stay?

ashley said...

That menu idea is awesome! I would love that, I'll be over tomorrow.