Thursday, April 23, 2009

The day started off well.



So we woke up this morning, ate breakfast and got dressed. Henry wanted to go outside and ride his bike. I had the boys sit on the stairs first and I got these totally adorable pictures. Aren't Freddie's cheeks the best? It's so hard to do anything but kiss them all day! So then I walked over to our patio and lifted up Henry's bike. It was stuck on something so I pulled really hard...WHAM!
Guess who threw their back out? The dork lifting the bike with only one arm, that's who. So I'm standing there, trying not to cry, the baby is on the grass, and I can't move. I sent Henry to try a couple of neighbors to come help, but nobody was home at 11 am on a Thursday. RUDE! Finally a maintenance guy walked by and I had him pick up the baby for me. Then I waddled into the house. That alone took me 5 minutes.
I called Jesse at work. He had meetings all afternoon and couldn't come home. I tried a bunch of people and nobody answered. I tried Ashley again (she had been one of the first on my list), she answered the phone super snotty, "What is it? Are you dying?" I started to cry and said yes. She immediately came over to help me. I think she felt majorly guilty for her attitude. :o)
Anyway, Ashley came and stayed with me until Jesse got home at 6:30. She cleaned my house, took care of my baby, went and bought me a heating pad and was an angel. Then Jesse came home, got us dinner and ice cream then put the boys to bed. I was loved and taken care of by all.
So if I'm still bad in the morning, we're going to the Insta-Care. I don't know what they really can do, but maybe I'll get to see Dr. Pepper again!

2 comments:

ashley said...

i love the pictures! freddie's cheeks are too delicious! i'm glad you're feeling better. did you get to see dr pepper?

Rachel said...

Oh no!!!! I'm sorry your day turned out so bad. Hopefully you're feeling better now!