Monday, April 27, 2009

Based on a true story.

Ode to the Dude at Wal-Mart

I was working in my line
You showed up at a quarter to nine
I gave you a smile
You were going to be there a while

I asked myself why
You were buying heals so high
I held my tounge a bit
You were buying a bra that fit

I didn’t think I heard you right
You repeated yourself, so polite
I never thought of marshmallows
You were not going to swallow

In your bra, in your bra
The marshmallows were to go in your bra!

I took a minute to think
You went and grabbed a drink
I finally replied to your query
You had no need to worry

I said the candy wouldn’t melt
You didn’t want them stuck to your pelt
I blinked again in disbelief
You tried to give me some relief

I figured there must be some reason for
You needed to dress like a whore
I was so pleased you shared with me
You had plans to turn into a she

In your bra, in your bra
The marshmallows were to go in your bra!

6 comments:

Mama Gibbs said...

Thanks for shedding the light,
on a situation that would give some a fright.
At WalMart they Rollback with ease and have cashiers that really aim to please.
A question about marshmallows for sure,
would lead one to think of a smore,
or maybe a rice krispie treat,
the kind that are sticky and sweet.
But stuffing them into a bra-
isn't that against the law?
Oh well, it gives reason to pause,
a man in heals with lumpy tata's.
You serve the public well and it's plain to see.
We live in a world of great diversity.
So only one thing comes to my mind,
when thinking of all humankind.
In the words of a 'retired' Hot Rod Hundley,
"You got to love it baby!"
And I do...

ashley said...

muahaha oh my goodness i love it and my moms comment!

Kristen said...

I love you Susan! We should talk in poetry more often.

Courtland said...

See, reading Oprah magazine doesn't seem all that bad now, does it?

Kate said...

This is awesome! The post, the comments. haha!

Unknown said...

holy crap people, this is great stuff, how come you aren't on tv?