Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Henry at School

My delightful Henry is now in the 1st grade. He is doing a super cool Chinese Immersion program. Half of his classes are taught in Chinese. I mean, the teacher doesn't speak a word of English to them for half the day. It's really been a big adjustment, but it will totally be worth it when he's done with elementary and completely fluent. Right now he hates it, but he hates everything that makes him hold still.

Henry has developed some interesting coping mechanisms for school. Here is a copy of his first math test. You may have to click on it bigger to see what kind of work he did, but it is awesome. He told me he felt like writing 7's. This kid is a keeper for sure!


1 comment:

Rachel said...

That is awesome! I love the idea of the Chinese. I wish I knew some Chinese! What a smart kid!